PTI Funding Case: Imran’s counsel challenges ECP jurisdiction again
Earlier, the PTI chief had criticised Sharif family for challenging the apex court's jurisdiction during Panamagate case hearing. Khan had said: "If they (Sharifs) are innocent they should just simply present the proof of innocence rather than raising objection on jurisdiction of the court”.
An ECP bench, headed by Chief Election Commission Commissioner Justice Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan, heard the two cases on Monday.
PTI’s counsel Anwar Mansoor, in his arguments, held that the election commission cannot receive complaints against any political parties.
“First, it should be decided whether ECP has authority to hear the cases,” the lawyer said.
Chief Election Commissioner, in his remarks, asked whether the state institute will always be a target of criticism if it cannot hear such cases.
The ECP order follows PTI’s failure in conducting intra-party elections in the prescribed time.
Moreover, the ECP has slapped ban of two months on the conduction of intra-party elections. The constituencies include: PP-23 Chakwal, Punjab; PS-81 Sanghar, Sindh; Mansehra’s PK-54 and Kohistan’s PK-82, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The PTI will plead to IHC to declare ECP’s decision illegal and unconstitutional.
- Sindh announces summer vacations for schools, colleges03:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- House of Allama Iqbal's daughter-in-law raided ahead of PTI's long ...02:22 PM | 24 May, 2022
- NFTP opens admissions for freelancers nationwide01:46 PM | 24 May, 2022
- vivo’s latest flagship X80 is now available for Sale in Pakistan01:29 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Policeman shot dead in Lahore raid amid crackdown on PTI workers01:06 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Minal Khan's new selfies with shirtless Ahsan at beach go viral06:41 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Abrarul Haq slams Karan Johar for stealing ‘Nach Punjaban’05:54 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Watch - Indian singer Arijit Singh says he is coming to Pakistan05:30 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022