Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral put on flood alert
“Due to persistent heat wave conditions in Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral, the temperatures are likely to increase by more than 5C from normal, which may continue for next three to four days,” the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) said on Thursday.
People residing along the water ways must remain vigilant during the period, as the region is under the grip of unusual heat for the last few days.
Seasonal low lies over northeast Balochistan. Monsoon currents are penetrating upper/central parts of country and likely to continue in upper parts during next 24 hours.
Next 24 hrs:
Rain-thunderstorm (with a few heavy falls) is expected at scattered places in Kashmir, upper Punjab (Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Lahore, Sargodha, divisions), Islamabad, Gilgit-Baltistan, KP (Malakand, Hazara, Peshawar, Mardan, Kohat, Bannu divisions) and FATA. Hot and humid weather is expected elsewhere in the country.
Next 48 hrs:
Mainly hot and humid weather is expected in the most parts of the country. However, rain-thunderstorm is expected at isolated places in Malakand, Hazara, Peshawar, Mardan, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala divisions, Islamabad, Gilgit-Baltistan Kashmir.-Online
- FM Qureshi, DG ISI in Kabul to discuss bilateral ties with ...03:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Interior minister updates PM Imran on law & order, security03:25 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- India deploys additional troops, modern Howitzers in occupied Kashmir ...01:41 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam glow at their dreamy mayoun ceremony01:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Narcotics agency raids SRK's bungalow as Bollywood superstar reaches ...12:06 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021