Nawaz asks PM Abbasi to draft policy for cutting dependency on US aid
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday took a jab at outlandish remarks of US President Donald Trump regarding Pakistan, saying PML-N government does not care about threats.
Addressing a press conference at Punjab House, the former premier asked Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi to devise a policy in order to end reliance on US aid. He added that Pakistan should not be taunted about the aid.
His remarks follows Trump's tweet in which he said that the United States had foolishly given Pakistan over $33 billion in aid over the last 15 years. Later, the US administration blocked aid of $255 million to Pakistan.
He said that the incumbent government launched anti-terrorism operations as he came into power in 2013 and break the back of terrorists.
Referring to Trump's recent tweet, he said that a state should follow rules of engagement while talking about the fellow state.
Nawaz Sharif said that no country suffered economic and human losses like Pakistan, adding that Pakistan paid heavy price since 9/11 attacks.
Imran Khan let off the hook despite confession of ... 11:45 AM | 3 Jan, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif expressed that the Supreme Court bench let Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf ...
Earlier today, Nawaz Sharif expressed that the Supreme Court bench let Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan off the hook despite his confession of assets and offshore firm.
In a brief interaction with newsmen outside the accountability court in Islamabad, the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz president reiterated that he was ousted from office merely on the basis of iqama (foreign work permit) drawing a comparison with the clearance meted out to his arch-nemesis Imran Khan by the apex court.
‘There are many secrets behind the bail granted to Imran Khan yesterday and I would disclose those’ noted the embattled Sharif.
He continued that Imran Khan took benefit of the amnesty scheme which was an endorsement of his wrongdoing adding that the court insisted on absolving him of the charges he himself admitted to.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020