Only ECP's 'helplessness' can delay elections, declares CJP Nisar
During the hearing of a case regarding electoral amendments filed by the Workers Party, the top judge remarked that all matters pertaining to general elections must be completed on an urgent basis.
The petitioner's lawyer maintained that the apex court had already announced a verdict on electoral reforms in 2012.
On the occasion, the Director-general of Election Commission Pakistan (ECP) argued that the code of conduct was formed with consensus by all political parties in Election Act 2017.
The ECP official informed the court that a new code of conduct for General Elections 2018 was formed after Election Act 2017 was passed.
Elections will be held on July 25 at any cost, SC ... 12:48 PM | 3 Jun, 2018
LAHORE - The Supreme Court on Sunday suspended nullification of nomination papers by Lahore High Court’s (LHC). ...
The top judge then summoned a response from ECP on the code of conduct and noted that the new code of conduct will be compared to its previous issue.
Earlier, on Saturday, the Lahore High Court had nullified nomination forms of electoral candidates for the upcoming general elections.
The ruling had created the possibility of a delay in the elections after the court ordered the ECP to incorporate the requirements of Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution in the nomination papers.
The Supreme Court on Sunday suspended nullification of nomination papers by Lahore High Court’s (LHC), with the top judge asserting that elections would be conducted on time, as scheduled on July 25th.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022