Former Norwegian PM calls on FM Qureshi in London
The former PM of Norway expressed these views during a meeting with Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi in London, a press release issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday said.
Foreign Minister Qureshi, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee of Pakistan, and Mr Bondevik were in London to attend the international conference on Jammu and Kashmir.
Foreign Minister of Pakistan, Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi meeting with former Prime Minister of Norway, Mr Kjell Magne Bondevik at the Pakistan High Commission London ahead of International Kashmir Conference today. High Commissioner Mohammad Nafees Zakaria is also present. pic.twitter.com/bFqL46HWqI— Pakistan High Commission London (@PakistaninUK) February 4, 2019
The FM condemned the prevalent human rights situation in Jammu and Kashmir; and recognized that Indian atrocities against helpless Kashmiris are finally being acknowledged by the international community.
He appreciated the participation of the ex-Norwegian Prime Minister in the Conference and expressed the hope that the participation of prominent international figures would be instrumental in drawing further international attention to the grave human rights situation in Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK) and towards the resolution of this longstanding dispute.
The Foreign Minister added that 2018 was one of the deadliest years in the history of IoK in which Indian occupation forces killed over 450 innocent Kashmiris, blinded and maimed scores of men, women and children using pellet shotguns.
Bondevik thanked the Foreign Minister for his views and welcomed the initiatives such as the International Conference on Jammu and Kashmir for which he was here.
He reiterated that there was no military solution to this dispute and that peaceful and meaningful dialogue was the only way forward.
Bondevik reaffirmed his commitment for the resolution of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, in accordance with the aspirations of the Kashmiris.
- 'Joints for jabs': Activists distribute free marijuana to vaccinated ...02:59 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan and Janhvi Kapoor's workout video takes the Internet by ...02:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan secures spot on three key United Nations bodies02:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021