President Alvi urges India to stop using firearms and pallet guns
President Dr. Arif Alvi has urged India to stop its ongoing atrocities in occupied Kashmir and allow the international observers to investigate the human rights violations in Occupied Kashmir.#KashmirSolidarityDay #KashmirMatters pic.twitter.com/Fzx24JfcyM— Government of Pakistan (@GovtofPakistan) February 5, 2019
Addressing a special session of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on the occasion of Kashmir Solidarity Day, President Arif Alvi has issued a list of demands for the Indian government:
- Free all political prisoners
- Uphold freedom of expression in Kashmir
- Ban the use of firearms against Kashmiri citizens
- Ban the use of pellet guns against Kashmiris
- Withdraw draconian 'black laws' in Kashmir
- Allow IOK leaders to travel freely and "make their case abroad"
- Allow international rights observers into IOK to "see the situation for themselves"
- Lift restrictions on electronic communications
Alvi urged India to also halt the use of firearms including the pallet guns against the innocent Kashmiri people in the occupied valley.
The President also called for the withdrawal of aggressive black laws and urged India to allow the leadership from Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir to travel abroad so that they could be able to freely present their case and point of view before the international community.
He demanded the Indian government to give access to the international human rights organizations to the occupied valley and open up the communication links for international and social media networks.
The special session of AJK Legislative Assembly was also addressed by AJK Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider, Speaker Shah Ghulam Qadir and leaders of various political parties in the Azad Kashmir Assembly.
Pakistan observes Kashmir Solidarity Day 10:11 AM | 5 Feb, 2019
LAHORE - Kashmir Solidarity Day is being observed today to reiterate whole-hearted support of the Pakistani nation to ...
For the first time, Chief Minister Gilgit Baltistan Hafiz Hafeez-ur-Rehman and members of GB Cabinet also attended the special session of AJK Assembly on special invitation.
The President said the people and all political parties in Pakistan were united on the issue of Kashmir and firmly stood behind their Kashmiri brethren in their just struggle for their right of self-determination, which was also recognized by the international community through UN Resolutions.
He lauded the courage and sacrifices of the Kashmiri people including men, women, and youth in the ongoing freedom struggle and said their sacrifices would not go in vain and they would achieve their goal of freedom.
Kashmiris’ struggle for right to ... 09:32 AM | 5 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said the observance of the Kashmir Solidarity Day commemorates the strong ...
- PM Imran thanks MBS after Saudi Arabia revives $3bn support to ...12:28 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan observes Black Day, shows resolute support for Kashmiris11:49 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- ‘Security issue resolved’: Fans mock Kiwis after Pakistan ...11:24 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shoaib Akhtar quits PTV Sports over Nauman Niaz's 'obnoxious' ...10:55 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Twin cities' areas sealed to intercept TLP long march10:28 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021