CJP Saqib annoyed over spy agencies' failure to submit report in Naqeebullah case
A three-member bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising Justice Umar Ata Bandial and Justice Ijaz ul Ahsan resumed hearing of the sou motu case.
During the proceedings, the bench was informed that the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Military Intelligence (MI) and the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) have not submitted reports. The chief expressed his annoyance and gave the agencies one-hour deadline to present their reports.
However, a representative from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) submitted his department’s investigation report, stating that its deputy director was collaborating with the police to trace absconding police officer. The chief justice expressed dissatisfaction over the report
IG Sindh A.D Khawaja also appeared before the court. The CJP also came down hard on Khawaja after he informed the court that Rao Anwar was still at large.
Additional Advocate General Sindh telling the court about dual nationality of Rao Anwar said that the absconding officer did not have dual nationality. The CJP further pointed out whether the former SSP possessed an Iqama (work permit) of any Arab country.
Mehsud, a 27-year-old native of Waziristan, was among three others who were allegedly killed in a fake encounter by the then-Malir SSP in Karachi on January 13. After the matter surfaced, Anwar and most members of his encounter team have since gone into hiding.
At the last hearing of the case on Feb 16, the apex court had issued a contempt of court notice to Anwar over his failure to not attending the hearing.
After issuing a contempt notice to Anwar, the court canceled his protective bail and ordered the ISI, MI and IB to assist police in arresting the suspect, besides ordering them to submit a report in 15 days.
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021