CJP Saqib annoyed over spy agencies' failure to submit report in Naqeebullah case
A three-member bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising Justice Umar Ata Bandial and Justice Ijaz ul Ahsan resumed hearing of the sou motu case.
During the proceedings, the bench was informed that the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Military Intelligence (MI) and the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) have not submitted reports. The chief expressed his annoyance and gave the agencies one-hour deadline to present their reports.
However, a representative from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) submitted his department’s investigation report, stating that its deputy director was collaborating with the police to trace absconding police officer. The chief justice expressed dissatisfaction over the report
IG Sindh A.D Khawaja also appeared before the court. The CJP also came down hard on Khawaja after he informed the court that Rao Anwar was still at large.
Additional Advocate General Sindh telling the court about dual nationality of Rao Anwar said that the absconding officer did not have dual nationality. The CJP further pointed out whether the former SSP possessed an Iqama (work permit) of any Arab country.
Mehsud, a 27-year-old native of Waziristan, was among three others who were allegedly killed in a fake encounter by the then-Malir SSP in Karachi on January 13. After the matter surfaced, Anwar and most members of his encounter team have since gone into hiding.
At the last hearing of the case on Feb 16, the apex court had issued a contempt of court notice to Anwar over his failure to not attending the hearing.
After issuing a contempt notice to Anwar, the court canceled his protective bail and ordered the ISI, MI and IB to assist police in arresting the suspect, besides ordering them to submit a report in 15 days.
- Pakistan's interior minister rules out talks with banned TLP04:56 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Russian scientists working on first edible coronavirus vaccine04:22 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- TLP workers storm Nawankot Police Station, take DSP among 5 cops ...04:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021