Avenfield case against Sharifs adjourned after judge falls ill
The former premier, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar reached the court to attend the hearing of Avenfield properties case filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in the light of the Panamagate verdict.
However, the case as adjourned by duty judge Malik Arsha as Judge Mohammad Bashir, who is hearing the high profile case since September last year, was not well.
During today's hearing, Nawaz's counsel Khawaja Haris was expected to continue his cross-examination of Panamagate Joint Investigation Team (JIT) head Wajid Zia, who is the Federal Investigation Agency additional director.
At the last hearing, Zia informed the accountability court of Islamabad that former premier Nawaz Sharif did receive a salary from the firm Capital FZE.
During the hearing of the graft reference filed against members of Sharif family by the National Accountability Bureau on Thursday, Wajid Zia told the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir that Nawaz Sharif received Rs 100,000 AED from the firm Capital FZE on August 11, 2013.
‘The salary was the last one received by Nawaz Sharif, for the month of July’ revealed Zia during the hearing of Avenfield Properties case, in an apparent blow to Sharif family which contradicts receiving any salary.
The firm Capital FZE is owned by the younger son of the former premier, Hassan Nawaz and ‘concealed’ receivables from the same firm because a smoking gun for the top court to disqualify Pakistan Muslim League leader Nawaz Sharif as the prime minister on July 28th last year in the Panama Case.
Zia, who is being cross-examined by counsel for Nawaz Sharif, Khawaja Haris, went a mile more and claimed that not only the PML-N’s ‘Quaid for life’ received the salary but the amount was also misinterpreted in the form received by the JIT.
‘Nawaz Sharif was entitled to Rs 100,000 AED but the mentioned amount on the form was Rs 10,000’ informed Wajid Zia.
Meanwhile, the accused Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz did not appear before the accountability court due to inclement weather, however, Captain (r) Safdar appeared before the court.
After the shocking disclosure made by Wajid Zia, Khawaja Haris inquired who about the individual who edited the number of receivables on the job employment contract.
Upon this, Zia replied that he was unaware of where the amount was edited but confirmed that the document was verified, sticking to his claims.
When he was asked about any proof that substantiates receiving salary by Nawaz Sharif, Zia responded that he had no document as he relied on the information provided by Jebel Air Free Zone Authority (JAFZA).
Khawaja Haris winded up the cross-examination for today which would continue on Friday (tomorrow) as well.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021