Minority students to get scholarships worth Rs. 20 million in Punjab
Punjab department for Minorities Affairs and Human Rights Punjab launched this scheme with an initial amount of Rs 20 million. Under the scheme, minority students obtaining education in government institutions from matric to post-graduate level, including professional degrees of medical and engineering will be eligible to get the scholarships,stated official sources.
Students in 36 districts of the province can avail the funding under this scheme in their respective educational category from Rs 15,000 to 50,000, said Khalil Tahir Sindhu,Punjab Minister for Minorities Affairs and Human Rights Punjab.
Male and female students of PhD,Pharm-D,MBBS,DVM,BDS, BSc Engineering can get grant of Rs 50,000 annually while post graduate level students including MPhil etc will be able to get Rs 35,000 p.a.
Similarly, scholarship grant for matric students is Rs 15000 p.a,for intermediate level persons Rs 20,000 while graduation students will get Rs 30,000 p.a.The Minority Affairs department has sought applications from the candidates and the last date of submission is December 31,2015.
- OGRA lifts 12-year-old ban on new CNG station licences07:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- CNG stations in Punjab, Sindh, and Islamabad reopen for short periods ...06:42 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- 'Thank you Pakistan' – Nepalese mountaineers tell the world about ...05:43 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in hot water over ‘sexist’ remarks about ...12:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021