Standard Chartered Bank denies shutting down operations in Pakistan
The bank in a recent tweet denied all such reports, saying, “The news published in Daily Jasarat is false and we completely deny this news.”
The tweet added that Standard Chartered has been operating in Pakistan for over 150 years and is absolutely committed to the country.
"We are very proud to serve our clients in this country," the bank’s official account said.
The news published in Daily Jasarat is false and we completely deny this news. Standard Chartered has been operating in Pakistan for over 150 years and is absolutely committed to the country. We are very proud to serve our clients in this country. ~AS— Standard Chartered (@StanChart) July 7, 2019
There were rumours that the bank has decided to transfer the accounts of its customers to Habib Bank.
Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Ltd. is the oldest and largest international bank in Pakistan. It is also the first international bank to be awarded Islamic banking licence and the first to open an Islamic banking branch.
The Bank, which started as the Chartered Bank opened its first office in Karachi in March 1863.
It serves both Retail and Corporate and Institutional Banking customers.
The Bank employs over 3,400 people in Pakistan and has a network of 68 branches in 11 cities.
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- BTS member Jin reveals his biggest wish on his birthday06:25 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022