Standard Chartered Bank denies shutting down operations in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Standard Chartered Bank has denied reports of closing operations in Pakistan.
The bank in a recent tweet denied all such reports, saying, “The news published in Daily Jasarat is false and we completely deny this news.”
The tweet added that Standard Chartered has been operating in Pakistan for over 150 years and is absolutely committed to the country.
"We are very proud to serve our clients in this country," the bank’s official account said.
The news published in Daily Jasarat is false and we completely deny this news. Standard Chartered has been operating in Pakistan for over 150 years and is absolutely committed to the country. We are very proud to serve our clients in this country. ~AS— Standard Chartered (@StanChart) July 7, 2019
There were rumours that the bank has decided to transfer the accounts of its customers to Habib Bank.
Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Ltd. is the oldest and largest international bank in Pakistan. It is also the first international bank to be awarded Islamic banking licence and the first to open an Islamic banking branch.
The Bank, which started as the Chartered Bank opened its first office in Karachi in March 1863.
It serves both Retail and Corporate and Institutional Banking customers.
The Bank employs over 3,400 people in Pakistan and has a network of 68 branches in 11 cities.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020