Standard Chartered Bank denies shutting down operations in Pakistan
The bank in a recent tweet denied all such reports, saying, “The news published in Daily Jasarat is false and we completely deny this news.”
The tweet added that Standard Chartered has been operating in Pakistan for over 150 years and is absolutely committed to the country.
"We are very proud to serve our clients in this country," the bank’s official account said.
The news published in Daily Jasarat is false and we completely deny this news. Standard Chartered has been operating in Pakistan for over 150 years and is absolutely committed to the country. We are very proud to serve our clients in this country. ~AS— Standard Chartered (@StanChart) July 7, 2019
There were rumours that the bank has decided to transfer the accounts of its customers to Habib Bank.
Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Ltd. is the oldest and largest international bank in Pakistan. It is also the first international bank to be awarded Islamic banking licence and the first to open an Islamic banking branch.
The Bank, which started as the Chartered Bank opened its first office in Karachi in March 1863.
It serves both Retail and Corporate and Institutional Banking customers.
The Bank employs over 3,400 people in Pakistan and has a network of 68 branches in 11 cities.
- Imran Khan’s remarks about Maryam Nawaz widely condemned11:41 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022