Graft cases: Unwell Nawaz allowed to leave as Sharif family appears in NAB court
Judge Mohammad Bashir took up the references regarding Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies, which have been filed by the National Accountability Bureau.
Nawaz Sharif, his daughter, Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar appeared before the court.
PML-N elects Shehbaz as interim president, Nawaz ... 01:20 PM | 27 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz's (PML-N) central working committee on Monday named Punjab Chief Minister ...
As the hearing began, Khawana Haris, counsel for Nawaz Sharif pleaded the court to allow his client to go after attendance as his health was unwell. The court accepted the request and allowed former premier.
The trial court has summoned six witnesses in steel mills case and three witnesses in another reference to record their statements.
At the last hearing, Khawaja Haris, counsel for former premier cross-examined a witness, Abdul Hanan, a consular attaché at Pakistan’s High Commission in London. The witness remained failed to satisfy the court regarding the veracity of the documents submitted as the land registry documents did not have any signature or official stamp.
It is to mention here that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had filed three interim corruption references against former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his children - Hasan, Hussain and Maryam Nawaz - and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar in light of the Supreme Court's July 28 verdict in the Panama Papers case.
The anti-graft watchdog recently filed supplementary references in all three cases - Avenfiled properties, Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies.
Sharif's sons -Hassan and Hussain - have also been named as accused in the references, however, due to continued absence both have been declared proclaimed offenders.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021