Polling for PS-127 Karachi by-election on Thursday
According to the notification, the polling will start at 8:ooam and will continue till 5:00pm without any formal interval.
Fort he by-election, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has fielded former MPA Waseem Ahmed while the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Murtaza Baloch and the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Nadeem Memon.
There are total 207,467 registers voters in the constituency, out of which as many as 91,355 are women. The ECP has announced to establish total 134 polling stations for smooth polling process. 66 Polling stations have been declared most sensitive and all of the remaining are marked as sensitive.
Heavy contingents of law enforcement agencies, including Sindh Rangers, will also be deployed inside and outside of every polling to maintain the law and order situation and ensure free and fair polling process.
The Rangers officials and the district returning officer (DRO) have also been given the magisterial powers for the polling day.
The seat fell vacant when former MPA Ashfaq Mangi quit the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) to join Mustafa Kamal-led Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP). He also resigned from the Sindh Assembly seat.
Observers say that a nail-biting contest is expected the Sindh Assembly seat as it typically belongs to the PPP, however, the MQM candidate won it with a huge margin in the 2013 General Elections. Meanwhile, PTI's candidate also enjoys the support of Sindhi and Baloch ethnic groups, which could earn him massive support among the voters.
In the 2013 General Elections, MQM candidate Ashfaq Mangi was declared victorious with 59,811 votes. PPP’s Muhammad Ashraf Samoo remained second with 15,158 votes while PTI’s Syed Azhar received 13,818 votes.
- Taliban capture key Afghan border crossing with Tajikistan12:28 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Islamabad and Karachi ranked among the least expensive cities for ...11:30 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Indian variant of coronavirus spreading rapidly in Israel11:14 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- UK Minister for South Asia Lord Ahmad arrives in Pakistan10:39 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- TikToker who scammed Ertuğrul star gets bail09:42 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- WCLA revives the lost culture of Kotwal in old Lahore07:20 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi caught performing obscene acts in new leaked video06:58 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021