Defence minister expects major ‘breakthrough’ in Yemen crisis
The minister, while talking to media persons, stated the Pakistan has been playing a role of negotiator in the crisis and we are expecting an improved situation in coming days. “There is positive news from Iran to resolve the conflict peacefully,” he maintained.
Asif went on to say that Iranian Foreign Minister Jawad Zarif and Pakistani authorities discussed the matter in detail and a unanimous strategy is being devised to tender talks among the parties in Yemen crisis.
Earlier Iranian foreign minister had met the prime minister Nawaz Sharif, COAS Raheel Sharif and other high level officials in Islamabad after he reached Pakistan the other day.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had called for Iran to get involved in a debate on security in Yemen during.
A joint session of Parliament is also discussing the situation of Yemen and is expected to conclude with a decision whether Pakistan should join a Saudi-led campaign against Houthi rebels in Yemen.
Turkey and Iran country heads also called for an end to the bloodshed in Yemen while addressing a joint news conference in Tehran.
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 January 202108:42 AM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar gets a special wedding gift from Asif Zardari10:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Developer bringing Paris to Pakistan with replica of French city ...10:04 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Asia Argento accuses Fast & Furious director of sexual assault09:32 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Danyal Zafar set to make his TV debut08:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Shraddha Kapoor to marry a celebrity photographer?09:12 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021