Nawaz Sharif vows to come out against cruel policies
Addressing a public rally in Bahawalpur, Nawaz Sharif said, "I rebel against whatever has been happening in Pakistan for past 70 years," adding that he will ensure the sanctity of the vote.
Reiterating concerns over his disqualification, the deposed prime minister said that he was ousted for not receiving salary from his son.
Highligthing performance of the PML-N, he said that his party resolved major issues being faced by Pakistan when it came into power.
He asked if any other political party has built a motorway in the country.
Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz, Pervaiz Rashid and other local leaders of the party were present on a120-feet-long and 24-feet-wide stage, set up at Dring Stadium.
The former prime minister and his daughter arrived Bahawalpur from Lahore on a private plane.
Earlier, Maryam Nawaz while addressing the gathering came down hard on Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan for entering into a political alliance with Pakistan Peoples Party ahead of the election for Senate chairman and deputy chairman.
She said that Khan has donated all his supporters to PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari, adding if true leaders ell their votes in the market for their interests.
A day earlier, Maryam Nawaz addressed PML-N’s social media workers convention in Faisalabad where she spoke about contempt of court notices issued to leaders of the party.
She said that contempt law cannot be used for defending unjust decisions against the PML-N.
'Grand Political Plot'
On Thursday former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said that bogus cases were made against him as investigators failed to prove corruption charges against him in six months.
Talking to media outside the accountability court, the former premier said that all that is being done against him and his party was part of a grand political agenda.
He said that extension of two months, which were granted by the Supreme Court to the trial court to wrap up cases against the Sharif family, will be useless as no corruption had been made.
He added not a single case was proved against him in the six months, a deadline set by the apex court to settle the NAB references against Nawaz Sharif, his children – Maryam, Hasan and Hussain Nawaz – and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar.
Slamming NAB in veil reference, Nawaz Sharif said two months were enough to prove corruption charges against anyone if there was evidence.
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- At least two dead, several injured as violence mars Sindh local govt ...05:44 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa dance their heart out on ‘Loota Re’ ...03:00 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022