Govt decides to curtail Panama JIT members' security
State Minister of Interior Talal Chaudhry, who remained active on media during Panamagate proceedings against his party chief, said that reports have revealed that JIT members and their children had oversized security retinue.
Escort vehicles of Rangers move with the children of the investigators even when they go to “buy vegetables,” he said, adding that the government had decided to reduce security cover to them.
He said, “The government will provide only necessary security to the JIT members”.
"The SC has had a lot to say with regards to the JIT members: they are being provided with a lot, in accordance with the Supreme Court's observations," Dawn News quoted Chaudhry.
During the investigation against Sharif family, the investigators received an open threat from Senator Nehal Hashmi in May. He had warned that those who are grilling Sharifs will be “taken to task” during a inciting speech went viral on social media.
On such remarks, the apex court took suo moto notice against Hashmi, who had also been threw out of the party.
During a hearing of the case against Hashmi, the Supreme Court had equate the ruling government with the Sicilian mafia.
- Five children killed, three injured as roof collapses in Lodhran04:24 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Covid vaccination certificate mandatory for domestic air travel from ...02:54 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari’s new dance video goes viral02:02 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021