Nawaz Sharif refuses to appear before NAB in Al-Azizia, Flagship cases
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) summoned former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to record his statement in two supplementary references regarding Al-Azizia Stell Mill and Flagship investment today (Saturday).
However, the former premier, according to media reports, will not appear in the NAB Rawalpindi despite the summons, terming it a sub-judice matter.
The NAB Rawalpindi under its new Director Irfan Mangi, who was also a member of the Panamagate Joint Investigation Team (JIT), is preparing two supplementary references in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Flagship Investment Ltd cases against the Sharifs.
The references are being prepared in light of an interview given by Nawaz Sharif 's son, Hussain Nawaz, to a private news channel. The purpose of summoning Nawaz was to make him aware of the new evidence.
It is to mention here that former prime minister had not appeared before the NAB Lahore when he was summoned in Avenfield properties case.
The former premier and his family members - Hasan, Hussain, Maryam and Captain (retd) Safdar - are facing corruption trial after graft cases were filed against them in the light of the Panamagate verdict announced by the Supreme Court on July 28, 2017.
- Senators express concern over wheat shortage, price hike10:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019