Mickey Arthur says he will be tough on discipline while working with Pakistan
In his first ever interaction with media since being appointed last week, Arthur categorically stated "I want every player to play for the team and matters related to discipline are non-negotiable."
Discipline, fitness and improved performance by batsmen is Pakistan's key to achieve better and better results, he said.
Speaking about Pakistan team's performance, he said that Pakistan has got great bowlers but its batting needs extraordinary improvement. I will also be looking for improved fielding and fitness from players, he added.
Replying to a question, the Australian cricketer said that Pakistan requires players who will continue playing for the country in the long-run. He added that he also wants players who aren't ready to be bullied.
Ahmad Shehzad and Umar Akmal were not invited to Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) training camp ahead of the England tour due to their troublemaking behavior during recent series.
Chief Selector Inzamamul Haq said that Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal had not been called to the training camp due to discipline issues and their dismal recent performances.
- Two troops martyred in Miranshah operation11:54 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020