Mickey Arthur says he will be tough on discipline while working with Pakistan
In his first ever interaction with media since being appointed last week, Arthur categorically stated "I want every player to play for the team and matters related to discipline are non-negotiable."
Discipline, fitness and improved performance by batsmen is Pakistan's key to achieve better and better results, he said.
Speaking about Pakistan team's performance, he said that Pakistan has got great bowlers but its batting needs extraordinary improvement. I will also be looking for improved fielding and fitness from players, he added.
Replying to a question, the Australian cricketer said that Pakistan requires players who will continue playing for the country in the long-run. He added that he also wants players who aren't ready to be bullied.
Ahmad Shehzad and Umar Akmal were not invited to Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) training camp ahead of the England tour due to their troublemaking behavior during recent series.
Chief Selector Inzamamul Haq said that Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal had not been called to the training camp due to discipline issues and their dismal recent performances.
- ‘Essentials of Modern/New Marketing’ book by Kotler Impact Inc. ...11:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- TikTok star Marvi Chaudhry booked in Islamabad man’s murder case10:50 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- UN speech — PM Imran cautions world against rising tide of ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020