MQM worker says sector in-charge set fire to Baldia factory
Siddiqui, who was produced by the Rangers, also confessed to having killed the nephew of MQM worker Amir Khan. He maintained he was being given the task of killing those who opposed the MQM by Karachi Tanzeemi Committee member Hammad Siddiqui.
He told the court he presided over the rigging in the general elections 2013, saying the presiding officers were called to the sector and convinced regarding bogus voting.
According to the Rangers, a team of 23 target killers belonging to various MQM units in Karachi was being headed by Siddiqui. It was involved in the killing of nearly 120 people.
Siddiqui disclosed to the Rangers that as many as 250 target killers were present in the areas around the MQM headquarters, Nine-Zero and that he used to purchase illegal weapons from Quetta.
The court handed Siddiqui over to the Rangers for 90 days under the Protection of Pakistan Act, 2014.
The judge also instructed the officials to arrange Hassan's meeting with his family.
In his statement before the court, Hassan said he was arrested on February 15 from Azizabad area of Karachi.
The defence counsel blamed the Rangers for maltreatment of the culprit.
Meanwhile, the weapons seized by Rangers in the Nine-Zero raid have been handed over to police for a forensic analysis. According to sources, the report will be issued in 10 to 12 days.
A huge quantity of arms and ammunition, walkie talkies, binoculars and other military gear were seized in the raid.
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022