KP Assembly Deputy Speaker Mahmood tests positive for Covid-19
PESHAWAR – Deputy Speaker Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Mahmood Jan has tested positive for novel coronavirus.
The deputy speaker announced it on Twitter on Saturday. He added that his wife and son have also contracted the virus.
"Me, my wife and my son are covid positive. Please pray for us," he wrote.
The news came as Pakistan has reported 17 deaths while 2,165 persons have been tested positive for COVID-19 over last 24 hours.
According to the latest figures by the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC), the number of positive cases has surged to 354,461. The nationwide tally of deaths has jumped to 7,109.
At least 322,414 coronavirus patients have recovered in the country whereas 1,316 patients are in critical condition.
Pakistan has so far conducted 4,881,640 coronavirus tests and 34,535 in last 24 hours.
Sindh remains the worst-hit province followed by Punjab and other provinces.
Nearly 153,873 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Sindh, 109,309 in Punjab, 41,723 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 23,533 in Islamabad, 16,328 in Balochistan, 5,261 in Azad Kashmir and 4,434 in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Moreover, the death tally of Sindh stands at 2,722, Punjab at 2,462, 1,305 in KP, 155 in Balochistan, 253 in Islamabad, 93 in GB and 119 in Azad Kashmir.
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Karachi listed among least safe major cities in the EIU 2021 report11:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Saudi Arabia once again offers to mediate between Pakistan, India10:58 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021