KP Assembly Deputy Speaker Mahmood tests positive for Covid-19
PESHAWAR – Deputy Speaker Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Mahmood Jan has tested positive for novel coronavirus.
The deputy speaker announced it on Twitter on Saturday. He added that his wife and son have also contracted the virus.
"Me, my wife and my son are covid positive. Please pray for us," he wrote.
The news came as Pakistan has reported 17 deaths while 2,165 persons have been tested positive for COVID-19 over last 24 hours.
According to the latest figures by the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC), the number of positive cases has surged to 354,461. The nationwide tally of deaths has jumped to 7,109.
At least 322,414 coronavirus patients have recovered in the country whereas 1,316 patients are in critical condition.
Pakistan has so far conducted 4,881,640 coronavirus tests and 34,535 in last 24 hours.
Sindh remains the worst-hit province followed by Punjab and other provinces.
Nearly 153,873 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Sindh, 109,309 in Punjab, 41,723 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 23,533 in Islamabad, 16,328 in Balochistan, 5,261 in Azad Kashmir and 4,434 in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Moreover, the death tally of Sindh stands at 2,722, Punjab at 2,462, 1,305 in KP, 155 in Balochistan, 253 in Islamabad, 93 in GB and 119 in Azad Kashmir.
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 January 202108:42 AM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar gets a special wedding gift from Asif Zardari10:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Developer bringing Paris to Pakistan with replica of French city ...10:04 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Asia Argento accuses Fast & Furious director of sexual assault09:32 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Danyal Zafar set to make his TV debut08:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Shraddha Kapoor to marry a celebrity photographer?09:12 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021