Mohamed Salah tests positive for COVID-19
CAIRO – Mohamed Salah has tested positive for Covid-19, according to the Egyptian Football Association, just days after his brother’s wedding in Cairo.
A statement from the Egyptian FA said a medical swab taken from the 28-year-old came back positive but said the player was not suffering from any symptoms. Salah was now isolating, and he would be “subject to more checks in the coming hours,” the EFA added.
Salah, who has been in sensational form for Liverpool this season, scoring 10 goals in only 13 appearances, attended a family wedding earlier on during this international break, with footage showing him dancing with fellow guests and, on more than one occasion, not wearing a mask.
Hours later, the Egyptian FA confirmed Salah had provided a “second positive test for coronavirus.”
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021