Senate elections: Ishaq Dar challenges rejection of nomination papers by ECP
The former minister, who is facing corruption case at an accountability court for allegedly possessing assets beyond known sources of income, filed an appeal against the decision at Lahore High Court's appellate tribunal.
On Monday, the returning officer rejected Dar's nomination papers, stating that the former minister has been declared absconder by an accountability court.
Ishaq Dar declared proclaimed offender in ... 02:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The accountability court on Monday declared former finance minister Ishaq Dar a proclaimed offender in a ...
Ishaq Dar in his appeal said that the ECP rejected his nomination papers even though all the legal requirements were fulfilled. He asked the court to declared the returning officer's decision null and void.
It is to mention that former finance minister has been declared absconder by an accountability court in Islamabad for not attending the hearings of the corruption trial against him. He has been living in London for medical treatment for months. He is facing charges of possessing assets beyond known sources of income.
As per the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) schedule, the last date for submission of the nomination papers is February 8, while elections will be held on March 3.
- FATF says Pakistan to remain on grey list till Feb 202107:39 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- ‘President grossly failed to exercise his discretion,’ remarks SC ...07:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 6-year old raped, set on fire in India’s Punjab06:03 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- US suspends visa services in Turkey over reports of potential terror ...05:58 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020