PM Imran set to attend first ever Global Refugees Forum in Geneva
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and Switzerland are co-hosting the forum.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, along with Turkish President Erdogan, and leaders from Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Germany, have been invited to co-convene the Forum in recognition of their exemplary role for the protection and well-being of refugees.
The Global Refugee Forum is the first major meeting on refugees of the 21st century.
United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres will also address the Forum.
The Forum is expected to galvanize political support and solidarity and broaden the base of commitments from States, international organizations, private sectors and civil society to deal with the growing number of refugee situations across the world.
Prime Minister Imran Khan will articulate Pakistan’s perspective, experience and contribution to the Afghan refugees. Co-convening of the Global Refugee Forum is recognition of Pakistan’s generosity, humanitarian leadership, and compassion of the people of Pakistan towards their Afghan brothers and sisters for the past forty years.
The Pakistani premier, during his stay in Geneva, will also have bilateral interaction with his counterparts and with the UN leadership, and attend a luncheon hosted by the UN Secretary General.
- Rohit Shetty to produce yet another installment of 'Golmaal'11:52 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Will you always be mine? Mystery girl proposes man using pink ...09:19 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Hira Mani has got something to share with fans about her BBC interview08:58 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan and Danish Taimoor's vacation pictures set internet on fire07:55 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022