PM Imran set to attend first ever Global Refugees Forum in Geneva
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and Switzerland are co-hosting the forum.
Prime Minister Imran Khan , along with Turkish President Erdogan, and leaders from Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Germany, have been invited to co-convene the Forum in recognition of their exemplary role for the protection and well-being of refugees.
The Global Refugee Forum is the first major meeting on refugees of the 21st century.
United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres will also address the Forum.
The Forum is expected to galvanize political support and solidarity and broaden the base of commitments from States, international organizations, private sectors and civil society to deal with the growing number of refugee situations across the world.
Prime Minister Imran Khan will articulate Pakistan’s perspective, experience and contribution to the Afghan refugees. Co-convening of the Global Refugee Forum is recognition of Pakistan’s generosity, humanitarian leadership, and compassion of the people of Pakistan towards their Afghan brothers and sisters for the past forty years.
The Pakistani premier, during his stay in Geneva , will also have bilateral interaction with his counterparts and with the UN leadership, and attend a luncheon hosted by the UN Secretary General.
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Trump’s Mideast plan: Pakistan wants Jerusalem as capital of ...07:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019