Nawaz Sharif warns of exposing players behind 2014 sit-ins at the proper time
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif reiterated his claims that many characters were behind the twin sit-ins staged by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and Pakistan Awami Tehreek in 2014, warning that he will reveal their names when the time comes.
Speaking to newsmen inside the accountability court on Wednesday, the supreme leader of ruling Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz expressed that Imran Khan and Tahirul Qadri were amongst many characters who played their part in the protests.
To a query regarding PTI’s rejection of forming a national commission in light of the recent treason allegations against him, the former premier said that PTI neither had character nor any ideology.
He lamented that PTI was the party which stages protests, disrespects others, uses foul language and follows the instructions of the umpire.
“The Imran Khan-led party does not have faith in our slogan of ‘respect the vote’,” Nawaz asserted.
The former premier and his daughter appeared before the accountability court Judge Muhammad Bashir in the Al Azizia reference filed by the National Accountability Bureau.
Nawaz, Maryam to record statement in Avenfield ... 10:16 AM | 16 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam, and son-in-law, Captain (r) Safdar will record ...
Wajid Zia, the head of six-member Joint Investigation team would be cross-examined by Khawaja Haris, the counsel for Nawaz Sharif.
The Al Azizia steel mills reference, filed by the National Accountability Bureau, in the light of directives by the apex court, is among the three references filed against former premier Nawaz Sharif and his family members.
The other two references filed by the accountability watchdog pertain to Hill Metal Establishment, offshore companies including Flagship Investment Ltd, and Avenfield properties of London.
Nawaz Sharif and his sons Hussain and Hasan are accused in all three references whereas his daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar are named in the Avenfield reference only.
Hussian and Hassan Nawaz are UK-based and have been absconding since the proceedings began last year, however, the former premier has been showing up regularly before the court of judge Muhammad Bashir.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020