PM Imran to visit UAE for 'massive economic package' on Sunday
During the one-day visit, the prime minister will hold meetings with key leaders of the Gulf state, local media reported.
The government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is making efforts to drive out the country from the financial crisis by getting assistance from friendly countries.
Pakistan has recently secured what the government termed them massive economic packages from Saudi Arabia and China.
The announcement for the unexpected visit of the prime minister comes when Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi is already in the UAE to attend the 9th Sir Bani Yas Forum.
Today, Qureshi met his UAE counterpart Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan to discuss bilateral cooperation and regional issues of mutual interest between the two countries.
“Shah Mehmood Qureshi met UAE FM Shaikh Abdullah bin Zayad Alnahiyan. The two FMs discussed bilateral cooperation and regional issues of mutual interest,” Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal tweeted.
FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi has departed for #UAE to attend the 9th #SirBaniYasForum. The forum, organized by @MOFAUAE will have wide participation from FMs of various countries where isssues related to #MiddleEast will be discussed. pic.twitter.com/0IQI1KSO8z— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) November 15, 2018
On Friday, the prime minister while commenting about his recent tour to China said that the trip remained successful above and beyond all expectations. It will yield long-lasting results, he said, adding visits by former PMs were not enough successful.
Talking about the agreements with China, the prime minister said that the details about these deals could not be made public.
However, he hoped that Pakistan’s balance-of-payments would be stable with Chinese assistance, adding that trade and investment will also boost with it.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-14-Updated ...09:55 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports highest daily coronavirus deaths in ten months09:19 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021