Over 80 Islamabad policemen contract coronavirus
ISLAMABAD – Inspector General of Police (IGP) Islamabad Muhammad Aamir Zulfiqar on Thursday said that 84 cops of the force had contracted coronavirus so far of which 25 got recovered and treatment of others was underway.
In a statement, he said that tests of 43 more cops had been conducted and all of them were quarantined. Islamabad police chief sent flowers bouquets and fruits to the cops under treatment and prayed for their safety and early recovery.
The IGP said that morale of Islamabad police despite all challenges was high and special focus was being made for their health. He said that all officials and jawans were performing duties as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and also creating awareness among citizens as how to remain safe from COVID-19 virus.
Meanwhile, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Operation) Waqar Uddin Syed said that each cop of Islamabad police was performing his/her duty with commitment despite different odds.
The DIG (Operations) directed all Zonal SPs, SDPOs and SHOs brief their subordinates about SOPs before assigning them duty. He said policemen should be briefed about adopting precautionary measures during duties in sealed areas.
He said that implementation on all government directions should be ensured to avoid coronavirus and awareness to be given to people about precautionary measures including advantages of social distancing, use of masks and sanitizers. He also appealed the citizens to cooperate with Islamabad Police in its efforts to curb COVID-19.
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Unplanned major cities threat to agriculture land, environment: PM ...08:41 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020