Some Pakistani celebs afraid to speak out against Indian atrocities: Armeena Rana Khan
Armeena Khan had shared her thoughts while having a public appearance at 'Geo Pakistan' where she said that certain Pakistani celebrities were afraid to speak out against Indian atrocities in Kashmir and expose Priyanka Chopra’s hypocrisy.
“Unfortunately UNICEF has not replied to my letter in which I asked the organization to remove Priyanka,” she said. “I think a little part of the problem is that we are not united in this as a fraternity.”
Armeena said that the pressure exerted on UNICEF would have been much greater had the entire artists’ community stood with her and raised this issue.
“Some celebrities like Mehwish Hayat, Shaan, Hamza Ali Abbasi and others supported me,” she said. “However, most Pakistani celebrities are afraid to speak out as they don’t want to hurt their future prospects or chances of working in India and want to be seen as ‘neutral’.”
Khan had urged several Pakistani celebrities to rise beyond personal interest to raise their voices against injustices.
Replying to a query, Armeena said that if UNICEF did not respond to her letter she would against undertake a second movement to ensure Priyanka is removed as the organization’s goodwill ambassador.
“I will personally hand-deliver a note to them,” she said. “So then they will have to respond to me.”
Armeena said that she had been issued rape threats and some Twitter users had warned her that they would stab her.
“I’m not going to let up,” she said. “I will be InshAllah addressing small rallies and communities here. We have to keep up the pressure. This cannot and will not go on for long,” she added.
What are your thoughts on this? Comment below.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Public holiday announced on Friday in Sindh06:11 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020