Some Pakistani celebs afraid to speak out against Indian atrocities: Armeena Rana Khan
LAHORE - Pakistani TV star Armeena Rana Khan had stated that certain Pakistani celebrities were afraid to speak out against India as they were afraid their future prospects would get hurt.
Armeena Khan had shared her thoughts while having a public appearance at 'Geo Pakistan' where she said that certain Pakistani celebrities were afraid to speak out against Indian atrocities in Kashmir and expose Priyanka Chopra’s hypocrisy.
“Unfortunately UNICEF has not replied to my letter in which I asked the organization to remove Priyanka,” she said. “I think a little part of the problem is that we are not united in this as a fraternity.”
Armeena said that the pressure exerted on UNICEF would have been much greater had the entire artists’ community stood with her and raised this issue.
Armeena Rana Khan announces she’s getting ... 03:05 PM | 10 Aug, 2019
TORONTO - Acclaimed Pakistani TV star Armeena Khan has announced that she will be tying the knot with fiance Fesl Khan ...
“Some celebrities like Mehwish Hayat, Shaan, Hamza Ali Abbasi and others supported me,” she said. “However, most Pakistani celebrities are afraid to speak out as they don’t want to hurt their future prospects or chances of working in India and want to be seen as ‘neutral’.”
Khan had urged several Pakistani celebrities to rise beyond personal interest to raise their voices against injustices.
Replying to a query, Armeena said that if UNICEF did not respond to her letter she would against undertake a second movement to ensure Priyanka is removed as the organization’s goodwill ambassador.
“I will personally hand-deliver a note to them,” she said. “So then they will have to respond to me.”
Armeena said that she had been issued rape threats and some Twitter users had warned her that they would stab her.
“I’m not going to let up,” she said. “I will be InshAllah addressing small rallies and communities here. We have to keep up the pressure. This cannot and will not go on for long,” she added.
Shireen Mazari, Armeena Rana Khan want Priyanka ... 12:38 PM | 15 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Federal Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari on Monday said that the UNICEF needs to take action ...
What are your thoughts on this? Comment below.
- Legal fraternity asks govt to withdraw reference against Justice Isa10:42 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Flight operation between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia not disrupted by ...10:31 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN chief asks India to stop anti-Muslim violence, invoking ‘spirit ...10:02 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UPDATE: Both coronavirus patients now 'stable and improving': Mirza09:50 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019