Accountability court summons two more witnesses in Sharifs' graft cases
Judge Mohammad Bashir took up the graft cases, which have been filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against former premier, his children - Maryam, Hasan and Hussain Nawaz - and his son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar in the backdrop of Panamagate verdict announced by the Supreme Court on July 28.
The NAB has made accused Nawaz in all three cases - AlAzizia Steel Mills, London properties and Flagship Investment - while Maryam and Safdar have been made respondent in a single reference regarding London flats.
Former prime minister, his daughter and son-in-lawn also attended the hearing at the accountability court to attend the hearing of cases.
Ahead of the high profile hearing, a heavy contingent has been deployed around the federal judicial complex. Numbers of PML-N leaders have also reached the court.
During today's hearing, a prosecution witnesses Shakil Anjum Nagra and Yasir Bashir recorded their statements. However, counsel for Sharif has completed cross-examination of Nagra.
The court has summoned Yasir Bashir again on next hearing, besides summoning tow other witnesses named Manzoor and Mohammad Saleem.
The court has adjourned the case till January 3.
Nawaz's Media Talk
Talking to media after attending the court hearing, Nawaz Sharif reacting to PTI chief Imran Khan's acquittal by the Supreme Court, said that dual standard of law will not be tolerated.
Nawaz Sharif vows to take 'murder of justice' to ... 10:48 AM | 19 Dec, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has once again decried his disqualification in the Panama Papers case ...
The former prime minister said that he was disqualified by the apex court after considering an imaginary salary as an asset of him in the Panamagate case. He lamented that Imran Khan, who himself confessed to his wrongdoings, has been let off the hook.
He announced that a campaign would be launched for the restoration of justice, adding that the verdict in Khan's disqualification will not be accepted. He said, "We are not fool".
The accountability court is hearing three references filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against Nawaz and his family regarding London flats, Azizia Steel Mills and other companies in the backdrop of the Supreme Court’s verdict in the Panama Papers case.
Nawaz and his two sons, Hussain and Hasan, have been made accused in all three references whereas Maryam and her husband MNA Capt (retd) Safdar are accused in one case regarding London properties.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021