Nawaz Sharif moves IHC for submission of additional documents in bail plea
The former prime minister had moved an application for bail in the Al-Azizia reference and on Wednesday submitted a plea for additional documents to be reviewed by the court to bolster his position.
In his petition, the former lawmaker stated that he be allowed to submit verified medical reports by foreign doctors for the fulfillment of justice.
Last week, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had pleaded the IHC to dismiss the petition filed by Nawaz Sharif seeking his release from prison on medical grounds.
Nawaz Sharif moves SC for permanent bail, trip ... 03:48 PM | 25 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has submitted a review petition in Supreme Court seeking permanent ...
The accountability watchdog had contended that the former prime minister’s health was in no imminent danger, contradicting the claims made by PML-N leaders.
The anti-graft body stated that the medical reports did not suggest a surgery anytime soon and the court had convicted Nawaz Sharif keeping in view his medical history.
The anti-corruption bureau argued that the former premier cannot be released on bail by suspension of sentence.
An accountability court had found the PML-N leader guilty in the Al Azizia Steel Mills reference in December last year, sentencing him to seven years in prison; the reference was filed by NAB in line with the directives issued by the apex court.
The elder Sharif was earlier granted six-weeks bail by the Supreme Court, however, the lawmaker was denied extension in the bail.
Nawaz Sharif's personal physician, Dr Adnan took to twitter a few days earlier and emphasized that the politician needed round the clock supervision.
The Honourable former PM #NawazSharif requires constant medical care & treatment optimisation for which I’ve been requesting the Government of Punjab, time and again, to kindly allow access to him in Kot Lakhpat Jail for said purpose.— Dr. Adnan Khan | #MendingHearts🫀 (@Dr_Khan) June 17, 2019
The reply & permission is still awaited .. https://t.co/AYPpoevvz6
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021