Rao Anwar moves SHC over suspension
Rao was suspended by Sindh IGP Allah Dino Khawaja on the direction of Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah after he arrested MQM lawmaker Khawaja Izharul Hassan without permission of the Sindh Assembly Speaker.
In the petition, Rao Anwar argued that his move to raid the house of the MQM leader was excercised under the due law. Khawaja Izharul Hassan's arrest was not a violation of the law, he maintained.
The arrest was in fact an implementation on the court orders, as Khawaja Izharul Hassan was wanted for investigation in as many as three cases, including a terrorism related offence, he went on to say.
He pleaded that the order of his suspension from the police service was an outright violation of the law and that the court should intervene and reinstate him on his position.
- PTCL internet services disrupted in parts of Pakistan10:14 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Man kills two sisters, their friend for honour in Peshawar10:04 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Hira and Mani share hilarious new video from London11:20 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022