Rao Anwar moves SHC over suspension
Rao was suspended by Sindh IGP Allah Dino Khawaja on the direction of Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah after he arrested MQM lawmaker Khawaja Izharul Hassan without permission of the Sindh Assembly Speaker.
In the petition, Rao Anwar argued that his move to raid the house of the MQM leader was excercised under the due law. Khawaja Izharul Hassan's arrest was not a violation of the law, he maintained.
The arrest was in fact an implementation on the court orders, as Khawaja Izharul Hassan was wanted for investigation in as many as three cases, including a terrorism related offence, he went on to say.
He pleaded that the order of his suspension from the police service was an outright violation of the law and that the court should intervene and reinstate him on his position.
- Pakistan signs $1.1bn deal with Qatar to import oil, LNG02:37 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- UN, US hail Pakistan-India agreement to ceasefire at LoC in disputed ...02:20 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- PSL6, Match 7, Lahore vs Multan - Live Score and Live Updates02:00 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Dil Na Umeed Toh Nahi – A gripping plot about social evils09:42 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021