Pakistan to move ICJ against revocation of Kashmir's special status
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told newsmen on Tuesday that the decision has been made keeping in mind the legal aspects adding that Pakistan would exercise this option as soon as possible.
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is a judicial arm of the United Nations and the development comes as lockdown in the restive Kashmir valley enters 16th consecutive day.
The United Nations Security Council earlier convened an emergency session over the crisis in occupied Kashmir.
A day earlier, US President spoke to Indian Premier Narendra Modi as well as Prime Minister Imran Khan and tweeted that he talked about reducing tensions in Kashmir.
Spoke to my two good friends, Prime Minister Modi of India, and Prime Minister Khan of Pakistan, regarding Trade, Strategic Partnerships and, most importantly, for India and Pakistan to work towards reducing tensions in Kashmir. A tough situation, but good conversations!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 19, 2019
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020