Pakistan to move ICJ against revocation of Kashmir's special status
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told newsmen on Tuesday that the decision has been made keeping in mind the legal aspects adding that Pakistan would exercise this option as soon as possible.
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is a judicial arm of the United Nations and the development comes as lockdown in the restive Kashmir valley enters 16th consecutive day.
The United Nations Security Council earlier convened an emergency session over the crisis in occupied Kashmir.
A day earlier, US President spoke to Indian Premier Narendra Modi as well as Prime Minister Imran Khan and tweeted that he talked about reducing tensions in Kashmir.
Spoke to my two good friends, Prime Minister Modi of India, and Prime Minister Khan of Pakistan, regarding Trade, Strategic Partnerships and, most importantly, for India and Pakistan to work towards reducing tensions in Kashmir. A tough situation, but good conversations!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 19, 2019
- 'We want peace, stability in region,' says PM Imran Khan in address ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Minor among two injured in Indian troops firing along LoC07:23 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- "Salam Kissan" campaign wins Best Digital Campaign award at Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020