Pakistani-Canadian environmental specialist offers free services to Imran Khan's govt
Apparently motivated by the Khan's first promises-filled address to the nation, Mahboob Mian, who has vast experience in managing environmental issues, has offered his expertise to help the new premier combat the climate change-related challenges.
In a tweet, Mian said: "Being an Environmental Specialist with 30 years international experience living in Canada offer my free services to Imran Khan Govt for Pakistan Environmental Management program especially Air Quality, waste management. I think this is right time to pay back".
Keeping in view the growing climate change threats, Khan, during his election campaign, had also pledged to initiate a countrywide tree plantation programme for a protected future.
Malik Amin Aslam, who drafted the climate change section of the PTI manifesto, while talking to a private news media had said: “Pakistan is facing the brunt of climate change, so I think climate preparation, making sure our development is totally climate compatible, our infrastructure is resilient to climate shocks, is going to be very high priority.”
Its manifesto pledges include the building dams and water conservation initiatives; introducing green building codes and supporting clean energy.
Earlier, Consultant Pediatrics, Neonatologist/Regional Director USA, Director Development Dr. Imran Malik hailing from Chicago, Illinois has set his hope highs for a ‘Naya Pakistan’ and has decided to bring his hard-earned money back to his home country in efforts to help and play his part in materializing PM Khan’s ‘revolutionary vision’.
Imran Khan's address to nation encourages US ... 04:10 PM | 20 Aug, 2018
CHICAGO - Impressed by Prime Minister Imran Khan's inaugural speech, a Pakistani-born American doctor has decided to ...
On Aug 20, a renowned journalist who works for the BBC in abroad also announced to move back to Pakistan after Imran Khan took oath as new prime minister of Pakistan.
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Tu Jhoom' - Coke Studio's producer Xulfi refutes plagiarism claims03:44 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and Zulqarnain tie the knot in a beautiful ...03:23 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021