Young doctor found dead in Jinnah Hospital’s hostel room
LAHORE – A postgraduate doctor was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her hostel room at Jinnah Hospital on Friday morning.
According to Medical Superintendent Dr Asim, the deceased was identified as Dr Uroosha Noreen Mirza, who lived in the girls' hostel in the facility's premises.
The cause of death has not been identified yet, as her parents, who hail from Gujrat, have refused a post-mortem to be carried out.
Dr Urooj, the deputy medical superintendent, has revealed that an injection was found next to the deceased’s body.
A spokesperson of the provincial health ministry has claimed that the death appears to be an act of suicide.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019