Young doctor found dead in Jinnah Hospital’s hostel room
LAHORE – A postgraduate doctor was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her hostel room at Jinnah Hospital on Friday morning.
According to Medical Superintendent Dr Asim, the deceased was identified as Dr Uroosha Noreen Mirza, who lived in the girls' hostel in the facility's premises.
The cause of death has not been identified yet, as her parents, who hail from Gujrat, have refused a post-mortem to be carried out.
Dr Urooj, the deputy medical superintendent, has revealed that an injection was found next to the deceased’s body.
A spokesperson of the provincial health ministry has claimed that the death appears to be an act of suicide.
- Trump’s Mideast plan: Pakistan wants Jerusalem as capital of ...07:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Of the Sellers of Gender Stereotypes04:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019