UN fires Indian official for sexually harassing men at work
Ravi Karkar, who was employed in the UN Entity for Gender Equality and Women Empowerment, was fired after the Office of Audit and Investigation of UNDP had completed its probe into the allegations of sexual harassment.
Ravi Karkara, who had served as senior advisor on strategic partnerships and advocacy to the assistant secretary-general and deputy executive director at UN Women, had been accused of using his position to sexually harass the men at work.
Around Eight men had filed a complaint against the Indian national, seeking probe against him.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, executive director of UN Women Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka also confirmed, on the basis of the investigation, that sexual misconduct occurred.
“As a result, I have dismissed the staff member; this is the strongest disciplinary measure available within the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations. Consequently, the staff member is prohibited from employment within the UN system.”
She added that the “former staff member cannot be protected by diplomatic immunity”.
- vivo Y35 full review: Is it worth the price?10:34 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Sandeep Singh Bhatti to be a part of Tyson Fury's Headliner Event10:12 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Inaugural ILT20 to roll into action from January 1309:49 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Ten-member Golf club teams to engage in combat at Rumanza Golf Course08:56 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals in latest video07:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Sunita Marshall and Hassan Ahmed shut down separation rumours07:10 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022