Pakistan's survival lies with supremacy of law: CJP Saqib Nisar
He is speaking at a ceremony at the Islamabad High Court bar. He said that efforts have been initiated to end injustice in the country, adding that implementation of the law and the strenghtened judicial system were essential.
The chief justice said that performance of judiciary improved in previous one year, adding, "I am battling with social evils".
He said that efforts were being made to provide speedy justice to people at affordable cost. Rule of law means all are equal.
Addressing the lawyers, he said: "We should not engage in conflict with anyone," adding that their fight is with themselves.
The chief justice said, "lawyers my soldiers but they should not involve in agitation with others". He urged them to do hard work, adding that struggle opened doors to success. He said, "We should fight for them who do not have resources to get their rights".
"I am not a hypocrite," he said, adding that a judge exercised his legal and moral obligation. He said, "Fear, interest and affection are like poison for a judge".
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021