One arrested in social media blasphemy case, FIA tells IHC
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) was informed that the Ministry of Interior had arrested one person in a case regarding publishing blasphemous content on social media, while names of several people have been placed on the Exit Control List (ECL), reported Dawn News.
IHC Chief Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui was hearing a petition seeking removal of blasphemous content from social media on Wednesday when the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) submitted its report on the matter. and informed the court that they had registered a case two days ago after completing their inquiry.
The FIA told the Chief Justice that a case had been registered days ago after completing their inquiry, while the court expressed its displeasure over slow progress. The court also directed the ministry to file a detailed report on March 27, the next date of hearing.
The court added that the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), premier spy agency of Pakistan should help the government in the case.
Justice Siddiqui announced that a decision regarding imposing a ban on social media in Pakistan will be made after reviewing the report of the interior ministry.
- PM Imran shares pictures of late mother, wife Bushra on Women's Day11:13 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- IWD 2021 – Pakistan acknowledges achievements of female trailblazers08:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Aurat March 2021 aims to highlight bias in Pakistan’s healthcare ...08:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021