Supreme Court bars admission to private medical colleges
A two-member bench, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar issued the order while hearing a petition against fee hike in private medical colleges and hospitals.
Expressing resentment over the fee hike, the Chief Justice summoned details regarding the fee structures of private medical colleges and bank accounts details of colleges' owners.
The Chief Justice observed that medical colleges have been established at improper places like rooftops and garages. He also sought details about building structure of these colleges.
During the hearing, the Chief Justice remarked that the court has taken up the matter related to public because of passion, not for earning fame.
Talking about the criticism on his recent visit to the Mayo Hospital, he said that he will visit the places where healthcare issues exist.
- Pakistan ranks as world’s most affordable country to live in11:19 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021