Nawaz Sharif was NOT forbidden from speaking at Davos, the article in Pakistani media is "inacurate", clarifies WEF Spokesperson
Talking exclusively to Daily Pakistan Global, Yann Zopf, head of media organisation and events clarified that Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif was not forbidden to speak at the prestigious World Economic Forum.
The spokesperson maintained that the management of WEF invited Nawaz Sharif out of respect and there was no truth regarding prohibiting him from speaking.
Zopf's clarification came in the aftermath of news stories in Pakistani media suggesting that the premier was barred from delivering speech due to his alleged involvement in financial scams and ongoing investigations against him and his family.
The spokesperson also wrote an e-mail to an official of a leading daily refuting its reports regarding the reason behind PM's failure to address world leaders.
It is relevant to mention that during his official Davos visit, the premier met top chief executives including Bill gates of Microsoft and Jack Ma of Ali Baba and the meetings were successful as Ali Baba firm showed its willingness to invest in Pakistan.
President of Swiss Confederation Doris Leuthard also called on Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of World Economic Forum.
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021