Confused PTI withdraws tickets from four candidates in Gujrat, Okara
Earlier, the party issued tickets to Gujrat district president Chaudhary Ilyas for NA-71 and Zubair Ahmed Khan for PP-28, but it has reversed its decision.
Reports claimed that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) dissident ex-provincial minister Hanif Awan is likely to be awarded ticket for NA-71.
The PP-28 ticket of Zubair Tanda has apparently been withdrawn on the ‘pressure’ of the PML-Q that is demanding the seat for its nominee Shujaat Nawaz Ajnala, Dawn News reported.
In Okara, the selected candidates - Sumsam Ali Bukhari for NA-141 and Chaudhry Muhammad Saleem Sadiq for PP-189 - learnt about the shocking news about the withdrawal of the PTI tickets at a time when they were enthusiastically running election campaign in their constituencies.
Earlier, the PTI leadership had withdrawn the ticket for NA-141 from former MPA Chaudhry Masood Shafqat Rubera and issued to former PPP leader Bukhari. Rubera had moved the party head for reviewing the decision.
The names of new candidates are yet to be announced by the party.
- $6 million PUBG Mobile Global Championship to kick off in Nov12:23 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan reaches 1 million shots a day after strong warnings to ...12:12 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wuhan to test entire population after virus resurfaces11:18 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Pakistan win series against Windies as final T20I rained-off11:10 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021