PM Mulk expands interim federal cabinet after CJP Nisar highlights inefficiency
The development comes as the Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar on Monday hearing a case regarding water crisis in Islamabad pointed out that the existing five-member cabinet cannot effectively run the country.
President Mamnoon Hussain administered the oath to Mian Misbah-ur-Rehman and former defense secretary Lieutenant General (retd) Khalid Naeem Lodhi, in a ceremony held at the Presidency.
Interim PM Mulk's six-member cabinet takes oath 11:35 AM | 5 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - A six-member federal cabinet of caretaker Prime Minister Justice (retd) Nasirul Mulk on Tuesday took oath ...
The cabinet includes former governor of State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) Shamshad Akhtar, former Pakistan ambassador to the United Nations Abdullah Hussain Haroon, former senator Roshan Khursheed Bharucha, Mohammad Yousuf Shaikh, Mohammad Azam Khan, and Syed Ali Zafar.
On June 1, former Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice (retd) Mulk was sworn in as Pakistan’s seventh caretaker prime minister at the President House after second consecutive democratic completed its constitutional term on May 31.
- Pakistan Naval Chief visits Turkish Naval Shipyards12:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Fire at Karachi East DC’s office destroys financial records, ...10:57 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan reports 3,119 daily COVID-19 cases, positivity rate hits ...10:35 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan Army pays tribute to Major Muhammad Akram Shaheed on his ...09:11 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020