Collision near Dera Murad Jamali leaves four dead, 13 injured
Sources claim that a passenger wagon, heading to Bhagnari rammed into an oncoming coach near Bakhtiyarabad along Sibi-Jacobabad section of the national highway.
The deceased were identified as Malookan Bibi, Shaukat Ali Kabaar, Hazaar Khan and Sultan Ali Bhutto while the wounded were identified as Mohammad Jan, Abdullah, Peeral, Ghulam Rasool, Allah Dina, Ahmed Faqeer, Abdul Rasheed, Allah Wasaya, Imam Khatun, Zareen Bibi, Jamal Khatoon, Ali Ahmad Behrani, Shafi Mohammad, Mohammad Bakhsh, Mashooq Ali, Sughran Bibi, Abdul Latif and Ali Ahmad.
Rescue teams and Levies forces shifted the survivors and dead bodies to the Civil Hospital Dera Murad Jamali for medico-legal procedures. An emergency was declared in the hospital.
Those who were critically injured were shifted to Larkana and Quetta hospitals for treatment.
Related: 15 dead in Faisalabad road accident
Meanwhile, investigations have been launched into the cause of accident.
Horrific roadside accidents are on the rise in Pakistan, according to experts. A report published last year suggested that on average almost 15 people die every day due to accidents.
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021