Pakistani philanthropist Dr Zafar Iqbal honoured at Global Donors Forum 2016
Ambassador of Malaysia in Turkey H.E. Dato’ Amran Mohamed Zin conferred the award on the Taaleem Foundation for bringing female education in Pakistan in line with global good governance practices.
The Global Donors Forum (GDF) was held from 25-26 May in Istanbul. It was co-chaired by HE Datin Paduka Seri Rismah Mansor, First Lady of Malaysia, and HRH Dr Shaikha Aisha Bint Faleh Al-Thani Qatar.
Prominent leaders from the government, business, and non-governmental sectors as well as academicians and researchers discussed critical issues including social finance, the impact of philanthropy for SDGs, resilience and radicalization, diplomacy and strategic communication and philanthropic response to refugees’ crisis.
The first GDF was held in Istanbul in 2008 and was chaired by then Prime Minister of Turkey Mr Recep Tayyip Erdogan. GDF 2016 also discussed the setting of new priorities and redefinition of the role of philanthropy, with a focus on the Muslim World in a changing global landscape.
Dr Zafar Iqbal Qadir established Taaleem Foundation as a non-profit community support organization in 1989. It is now imparting education in the far-flung areas of Pakistan.
Dr Zafar has been a senior professional in the public sector with a significant diversity in roles and experience from philanthropy to private sector support, corporate sector facilitation and public sector service delivery.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021