Hold referendum in occupied Kashmir if you want peace, Imran to Modi
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that the entire Pakistani nation, including minorities, is standing behind the people of Kashmir in their just struggle for right to self-determination.
In a video message on the occasion of Black Day, the premier said he highlighted the Kashmir issue in his speech at the United Nations and during interactions with other world leaders.
He said now the international community is aware of the oppression going on in Occupied Kashmir at the hands of Indian forces.
Khan said Narndera Modi, after coming to power for second term, imposed curfew in Occupied Kashmir and no one knows what is happening in the valley. “The Modi regime changed Kashmir's status by claiming that he wants development there,” he said, adding that the India prime minister should hold a referendum if he wants peace, stability, and development in Kashmir.
Imran Khan said all the mainstream political parties of Kashmir boycotted the recently held local government polls in Occupied Kashmir.
The ruling BJP met a humiliated defeat even in the controlled elections there, he shared while making it clear that anybody talking of crossing the line of control will commit enmity with Kashmir and Pakistan.
“India is looking for such an opportunity to crush the freedom struggle of Kashmiris. New Delhi rulers have deployed 900,000 troops to subjugate Kashmiris voice.”
He went on to say that the Modi government wants to hold Pakistan responsible for unrest in Kashmir to deflect attention of the world community from the bloodbath continuing in the valley.
Imran Khan highlighted the Kashmiris’ movement as a political struggle, saying that “we have to extend our moral, diplomatic and political support in this regard.
He assured the people of Kashmir that he is not only their ambassador, but will also become their spokesperson and advocate supporting their struggle till they achieve their right to self-determination as enshrined in the UN Resolutions.
“Whole Pakistani nation along with Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and the world over observed Black Day today to convey to the international community that they completely reject India's illegal occupation of held Kashmir.”
The Pakistani premier also urged people not to take up arms for the cause of Kashmir as that it what India wanted.
Kashmir Black Day
It was on October 27, 1947 when Indian troops invaded Jammu and Kashmir and subjugated it in blatant violation of partition plan of the subcontinent and against the will and aspirations of Kashmiris.
This year's day is of special significance as it is being observed in the backdrop of the illegal and unilateral steps of India to annex Kashmir on 5th of August.
The day highlights the 72 years of struggle of Kashmiris in their quest to right to self-determination.
Meanwhile, in Occupied Kashmir, complete shutdown is being observed today to mark the Black Day, though a complete shutdown already exists in the occupied territory for the past 84 days.
Restrictions have been further tightened in the Occupied territory in view of the call for march towards Lal Chowk on the occasion of Black Day.
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Punjab announces Rs10 billion relief package for ...11:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus: Chinese city of Wuhan partially reopens after 2 months ...11:34 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Army deploys troops across Pakistan to contain COVID-19 outbreak11:19 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa approves Rs11.40 billion package over coronavirus10:37 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019