SC brands FETO a terror group; orders to ban affiliated schools in Pakistan
A bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar, also ordered to hand over FETÖ’s “all the movable and immovable assets”, schools, colleges, education centers and other similar entities to Turkiye Maarif Foundation.
“We are in no manner of doubt the government of Pakistan has international obligations towards the government of Turkey to declare Fethullah’s Terrorist Organisation (FETO) as a terrorist organisation”, says the verdict authored by Justice Ijazul Ahsan.
The Supreme Court’s verdict also directed police and other law enforcement agencies to extend full support to Turkiye Maarif Foundation in taking control of the education institutions.
Currently 28 schools are running under the FETÖ-linked organization in Pakistan.
The court decision and order to make the appropriate changes to the counter-terrorism doctrine are sent to the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Anakara, which accuses FETÖ of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary, said it welcomes the Pakistani court’s order.
"The decision should be a precedent for all other countries,” the Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Friday.
“Turkey will continue to increase cooperation with Pakistan in all areas,” it added.
Turkey coup: 241 killed, 1,440 injured amid ... 09:14 AM | 16 Jul, 2016
ANKARA - Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said Saturday 241 people were killed in the coup attempt against the ...
- HBL inaugurated Prestige Lounge in Rahim Yar Khan06:42 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Over 5 million Pakistan flood victims to face food crisis, warns UN06:31 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz rejects to inaugurate ‘flawed’ real-time flood ...05:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Karachi food gets thumbs up from England captain Moeen Ali05:33 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah shares belly dance video12:09 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf pays tribute to iconic singer Nazia Hassan04:32 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Mahira Khan's new video with makeup artist goes viral03:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022