NAP reflects national spirit, country's resolve: FM
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that National Action Plan (NAP) reflects the national spirit and resolve of the country, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Talking to a private news channel, he said a consensus has already evolved on the NAP and consistent efforts are needed to continue working on it.
The foreign minister said that the Indian High Commissioner in Islamabad was called at the Foreign Office by the Foreign Secretary yesterday where preliminary findings of Pakistan were shared after examining the Indian report on the Pulwama incident.
The Foreign Minister said had the Indian government not demonstrated aggressive behaviour, the problems in post-Pulwama scenario would have been resolved in a better way through dialogue and engagement.
Responding to a question regarding Afghanistan, Shah Mehmood Qureshi said the statement of Prime Minister Imran Khan regarding interim setup was quoted out of context.
Meanwhile, a consultative meeting of the parliamentary parties on the NAP, which was scheduled to be held today was cancelled due to the refusal of the opposition to attend it.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had written letters to the parliamentary leaders inviting them to attend the meeting.
However, PML (N) President Shahbaz Sharif, PPP Co-Chairperson Asif Ali Zardari and JUI (F) Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman refused to attend the meeting.
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- FBR directed to stop menace of fake and flying invoices10:10 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Kashmiris observing India’s independence day as Black Day across ...09:28 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020