Pakistan suspends visa abolition agreement with Kuwait
He pronounced the decision was taken by Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in the backdrop of difficulties faced by the Pakistani government officials and diplomats during their travel to Kuwait.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said that despite the pact with Kuwait, government officials holding blue and diplomatic passports were still required to obtain a visa for travel to Kuwait, which was against the spirit of the arrangement.
The Minister said visa regimes and agreements were meant to ease the travel of government officials but the agreement was not reciprocated or mutually beneficial.
The accord was signed between the two countries in November 2013 for waiver of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic, special and official recommendations.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021