Govt should thank Pakistan Army for defusing tension in capital: Imran Khan
Talking to media on Wednesday, the PTI chairman urged the government to thank the army for stepping in and defusing the situation occurred due to clashes between the government and protester of Tehreek-e-Labaik Ya Rasoolallah.
He said that the whole nation should be grateful that the matter reached an end in two days.
Khan said that he also offered a prayer of thanksgiving when the army got involved to settle the issue after a failed operation against protesters by the city administration.
PTI chief revealed that his party workers wanted to join the sit-in as "the matter had left the realm of politics," reported Dawn News.
He said that the government should know about the sensitivity of the matter regarding the finality of prophethood (Khatm-e-Nabuwwat) as there was always a strong reaction in the country whenever a question was raised on it.
He accused the government of trying to amend the Khatm-i-Nabuwwat declaration without discussing the issue on any parliamentary platform.
As per the agreement with the protesters, the government will have answer who was responsible for altering the wording of the clause.
He also reiterated his demand regarding early elections.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021