Govt should thank Pakistan Army for defusing tension in capital: Imran Khan
Talking to media on Wednesday, the PTI chairman urged the government to thank the army for stepping in and defusing the situation occurred due to clashes between the government and protester of Tehreek-e-Labaik Ya Rasoolallah.
He said that the whole nation should be grateful that the matter reached an end in two days.
Khan said that he also offered a prayer of thanksgiving when the army got involved to settle the issue after a failed operation against protesters by the city administration.
PTI chief revealed that his party workers wanted to join the sit-in as "the matter had left the realm of politics," reported Dawn News.
He said that the government should know about the sensitivity of the matter regarding the finality of prophethood (Khatm-e-Nabuwwat) as there was always a strong reaction in the country whenever a question was raised on it.
He accused the government of trying to amend the Khatm-i-Nabuwwat declaration without discussing the issue on any parliamentary platform.
As per the agreement with the protesters, the government will have answer who was responsible for altering the wording of the clause.
He also reiterated his demand regarding early elections.
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- TikToker Dolly celebrates birthday in style04:29 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022