NACTA being strengthened to monitor misuse of cyberspace
ISLAMABAD- Plans are underway to strengthen Cyber Crimes Wing at Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and Cyber Security Wing at the National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) and increase their capacity to curb cyber crimes.
This has been envisaged in National Internal Security Policy (NISP-2018-23). The basic objective behind this initiative, which has been launched in collaboration with Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), is to monitor misuse of cyberspaces.
Modern technology will be leveraged to improve processes, enhance efficiency and effectiveness, increase transparency and institutionalize new ways of delivering public services.
The policy document on Tuesday revealed that the Integrated Border Management System, Safe City project and biometric SIM registration system are successful examples of using Information Technology to achieve these objectives.
New initiatives will also be launched along the same lines, including a number of new information systems.
National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) will be empowered to take a lead on the development/implementation of these systems.
These include Information Systems proposed under criminal justice system reforms (already mentioned in the preceding section), Pakistan Visa processing system designed to streamline visa applications, National centralized vehicle database and National Criminal Database and Fingerprint Identification System.
It is also envisaged in the Policy that a National Cyber Security Strategy shall be developed to secure services and infrastructure from cyber-attacks.
Public campaigns will also be launched to promote awareness about cybersecurity threats.
Militant organizations use cyberspaces for propagating their messages, recruitment and generating funding. Many individuals and organizations also launch attacks on critical infrastructure that is supported by IT such as financial, communication or energy sectors etc.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020