ECP issues schedule for 2018 general elections
Addressing a press conference in the federal capital, ECP Secretary Babar Yaqoob announced the schedule, saying the polls will be held on July 25, 2018 without any delay.
"[The Election Commission of Pakistan] hereby calls upon the electors of the National Assembly Constituencies and the constituencies of the Provincial Assemblies of the Punjab, Sindh, KP, and Balochistan to elect their representatives from each of these constituencies to the general seats and in connection therewith appoints the following dates for various activities of election to the aforesaid Assemblies," an ECP notification reads.
As per schedule, returning officers will issue public notices on June 1, inviting nomination papers from candidates intending to contest the polls. Candidates will be able to submit their nominations between June 2 and 6.
Nomination papers could be filed by the candidates with the Returning Officer between June 2-6.
A list containing the names of candidates will be published the very next day. Afterwards, the process of scrutiny of nomination papers will begin, which will continue until June 14.
Candidates will be able to file appeals against rejection or acceptance of nomination papers by returning officers until June 19 and election tribunals will hear and decide appeals until June 26.
The final list of contenders who will run in the upcoming general elections will be published on June 27, while nomination papers can be withdrawn until June 28.
Election symbols will be allotted to candidates on June 29, according to the commission.
Historic as second consecutive elected govt set ... 10:46 AM | 31 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - For the first time in Pakistan's history, a second consecutive democratic government and elected National ...
The incumbent federal government’s five-year constitutional term ends at midnight.
The National Assembly will stand dissolved at midnight tonight (Friday), paving way for establishment of a caretaker setup before this year's general elections.
The five-year term of the Punjab Assembly and Balochistan Assembly is also ending tonight.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly Khursheed Shah have already named former chief justice Nasirul Mulk as interim prime minister.
- Dr Shahid Masood strikes again – this time about ‘Pakistani ...12:17 AM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan's Hassan Mairaj declared overall best foreign national ...11:48 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Netflix to create Korean version of Money Heist09:19 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Behroze Sabzwari tests positive for COVID-1907:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi tweets about writing a book on God07:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020