SIALKOT – Unprovoked firing by Indian security forces from across the working boundary on Sunday night left two civilians, including a minor girl martyred while seven others were injured, ISPR said on Monday.
Indian forces targeted Chuprar and Harpal sectors. “Pakistan Rangers Punjab befittingly responded to the Indian firing which continued all night”, according to ISPR statement.
The deceased has been identified as Muhammad Latif, resident of Janglora village, while the minor has been identified as one-and-a-half year old Haniya. The injured civilians have been shifted to CMH Sialkot.
Foreign Office spokesman Nafees Zakaria while confirming the incident said that India was endangering peace by heating up the Working Boundary and Line of Control (LoC).
He confirmed that civilians had been targeted by Indian forces.
Tensions between the two nuclear-armed South Asian neighbours have escalated following the Uri attack in Indian occupied Kashmir.
On September 29, India claimed to have carried out ‘surgical strikes’ across the LoC in which two Pakistani soldiers were martyred. Pakistan dismissed the claims of the surgical strikes. India has so far failed to provide any proof of any such strikes.
According to Nafees Zakaria, India has violated the LoC more than 90 times this year.