DPO Jaffarabad Jahanzaib Kakar was murdered, says forensic report
SSP Kakar was found dead in his office with blood-stained uniform and a bullet hole in his temple on May 16.
The forensic team, based on its findings, provided the authorities proof to register a criminal case against unidentified culprits for killing the police officer, the Times of Islamabad reported on Wednesday.
Forensic experts have declared it as a murder based on the forensic evidence.
According to the post-mortem report, a bullet wound, reportedly from Kakar's 9-mm service weapon, was found in the officer's right temple.
Forensic experts are also suspicious about the size of the exit wound on Kakar’s right temple, which is supposed to be bigger than the entry wound considering the cop shot himself with left hand (in which he held his service weapon, pictured below).
The initial police report suggested that the SSP had committed suicide with his own pistol. However, Kakar’s family denounced the report, alleging Kakar was murdered by some ‘influential people’. They demanded the registration of a criminal case for the murder of the slain police officer.
His younger brother, Dr Aalam Zaib Khan Kakar said that his brother was receiving threats from unidentified persons after arresting “members of some influential families”.
However, contrary to police claim, forensic expert Dr Noor Baloch, who conducted the second autopsy on Kakar’s body in the Civil Hospital, Quetta, established murder as the cause of death.
His report rejected the police claim of a suicide, as well as the first autopsy report by the doctors at Dera Allah Yar government hospital.
“There is more than sufficient evidence to establish Kakar was murdered. It was not a suicide at all.” said the forensic experts.
The first forensic report was only based on body’s external examination.
When questioned why internal examination was not conducted during the first post-mortem, Dr Baloch said the police officials who brought the body to DHQ Dera Allah Yar asked for an external examination only.
Intelligence agencies also supported the second Medico Legal Certificate and did not rule out the suspicion of an insider’s involvement in the case.
Sharjeel Kharal was appointed as the inquiry officer by the IG Balochistan to ascertain the cause of Kakar’s death.
Conflicting reports from police high-ups also followed the apparent suicide. DIG Nasirabad Division Sharjeel Karim Kharal said the DPO was found dead “in his chair” when security guards and police officials went into his office. “It appears to be a suicide incident,” the DIG told the local media.
On the other hand, the DPO’s staff members said they found SP Jahanzaib Khan lying in a pool of blood “on a sofa seat” with a pistol in his left hand.
The staff further told the media that Jahanzaib Kakar was speaking on the phone before they heard the killer shot being fired.
The police officer was reportedly tense since Monday morning and had forbidden his staff to disturb him claiming he had headache.
Jaffarabad or Jaffar Khan Jamali district lies in the South-East of the Pakistani province of Balochistan. Jafarabad’s district headquarters are in Dera Allah Yar. Before the army-led operations in the restive areas of Balochistan, officials of police and Frontier Constabulary (FC) had come under attack several times by insurgents.
SP Jahanzaib Khan Kakar, who was considered one of the best police officers in Pakistan, was working on some sensitive cases, according to the sources. He had been transferred to Balochistan in 2015, after serving as SP City and ASP City Lahore.
An inquiry report of his death is still awaited.
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan becomes first team to play 200 T20I matches10:15 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Miftah Ismail steps down as Ishaq Dar to take over as new finance ...09:44 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022